The first-ever daily show for Snapchat with lighter and shorter soundbites than the regular news. Snapchat has become the ideal mobile platform to capture millennials and centennials with over 60% of the viewers being under the age of 25. According to NBC, viewers can use the Snapchat app to watch the show, which appears live at 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. EST during the week and at 1 p.m. on weekends.
Here are some interesting facts about the new “Stay Tuned” show on Snapchat:
- 160 million daily users, according to Tech Crunch.
- Programming will be offshoots of programs like The Voice.
- Shows are 3 to 5 minutes.
- Shows will run 2x’s a day during the week, and once a day during the weekends.
- 3x’s the viewers who tune into “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt.”
- Snapchat counts a view as soon as a video opens.
Interested in checking out the new show? Follow these simple instructions.
To watch “Stay Tuned”:
- Open the Snapchat app (it will open to the camera).
- Swipe left to access the Stories Page of the app, where you can see Stories posted by friends, and Discover content.
- Scroll down and you will see the Show within the “featured” list, in its own “Shows” section. You can also swipe left again to access a dedicated Discover page, which also features this content. (So the show is available in two pages within the app.)
- Tap on the show’s “tile” (the image) to watch “Stay Tuned.” You can then tap to advance or go back within the show, letting your finger act as your remote control.